Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day One

Well, it's been awhile since I've taken any real photos.  I decided to start this blog as a journal of artistic progression for myself, and to share some of my images with friends and family.  However, if you stumble upon this blog, please feel welcome, and follow along.  Hopefully I can pass on some of what I learn along the way!

Without ranting too much, here is the icphoto inaugural photograph...


I thought this seemed appropriate.  Just look at how intently he is studying the lighting equipment.  From a standpoint of technique, I admit this isn't the greatest photo.  Portions are blown out, the background is somewhat distracting, the depth of field could be more shallow... but I was lucky enough to catch a beautiful moment.

The light placement in this pic is obvious.  Ambient light from open windows, along with some spill from the umbrella lit the background. 

Canon T2i - 430EX II Speedlite at 1/4 power on manual - Canon 50mm 1.8 - 1/200s @ f/5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment